7 – 15 March 2021 (8 NIGHTS)
Based on availability.
Join Grant and Helena Atkinson and a small group of photographers in March 2021 and explore the eastern Serengeti, home to some of the best predator and wildlife viewing in the park. The area we spend time in typically produces very good sightings of large carnivores like cheetah, lions and spotted hyaena. Other carnivore species that occur here although we encounter them less frequently are golden jackal, serval, caracal, bat-eared fox and aardwolf. Elephant, giraffe, and other plains game like wildebeest and zebra do occur here in varying densities throughout the year. Short grasses, fossil-river courses, endless plains and rock outcrops make this area very attractive for photography. In terms of dates, this trip also pairs well with our Kenya Big Cats March trip.
- Maximum participants is 6 (but the trip will run with 1 leader and a minimum of 2 participants)
- Each participant has their own row in the vehicle
- Remote camp location means fewer other tourist vehicles in the area
- The vehicles are Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 vehicles, with three rows of seats
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment: 30-35kg (66 to 77lbs) per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 2x Trip leader (Grant Atkinson and Helena Atkinson)
- All Accommodation, meals and drinks at Asilia Namiri Plains Camp
- Private safari vehicles at the safari camps with 3 photographers per vehicle
- Luggage allowance for air charters (extra freight seats have been arranged): 40 pounds per person in total
- Round trip scheduled air charters between Arusha and Namiri Plains
- Day room at the Airport Planet Lodge, Kilimanjaro
- Cost: US$14 620.00 per person sharing
- Single supplement of US$200.00, maximum 2 single spots available