MAGICAL BANDHAVGARH, INDIA
14 – 23 April 2022 ( 9 NIGHTS )
Join Grant and Helena Atkinson and a small group of (max 6) photographers in April 2022 as they explore Bandhavgarh National Park in central India, in search of tigers and other fascinating wildlife. Whilst we focus our attention on tigers, this diverse park protects a range of habitats including grasslands, Sal forest, streams glades and hills.
Aside from tigers, more than 25 species of mammals occur, including langur monkeys and macaques, chital and sambar, and wild boar. There are also well over 200 bird species which occur here. We can expect to also have opportunities to photograph the forest birds, monkeys and deer.
Our visit takes place at the end of the dry season, which increases our chances of good tiger sightings. Bandhavgarh enjoys a well-deserved reputation for being one of the most reliable places to see Bengal tigers in the wild in India.
- 7 Days of safaris in Bandhavgarh National Park
- We welcome photographers of all levels of experience. The safari will include lots of individual instruction that will suit each persons photographic needs
- We focus on photographing in the field and spend most of our time and effort on photographic activities
- Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will also enjoy all the diversity of wildlife that is on show at Bandhavgarh
- The photo leaders and the local tiger naturalist (Jason Fernandez) all have strong backgrounds with regard to the regions natural history and wildlife
- We are visiting the park at the end of the dry season, which improves our chances of seeing tigers and our chances for good photography.
- A maximum of 2 photographers per vehicle means that even though the game drive vehicles are not overly large, they are also not crowded
- Two photographic leaders, Grant and Helena Atkinson, will lead the group, along with the local naturalist and trip leader, Jason Fernandez. The leaders will switch amongst the vehicles
- Group size is limited to 6 participants and we will make use of three vehicles
- With 2 photo leaders and only 6 participants we focus on individual attention
- Very comfortable and elegant accommodation at the lodge where our safari base will be
- Camp location is close to the entrance points to Bandhavgahr National Park to make for easy access
- This itinerary focuses on authentic wildlife experiences, basing out of our very comfortable accommodations
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Accommodation on a shared basis, however should you want single accommodation on the safari, please get in touch and enquire if this is possible
- 2 x Trip leader (Grant and Helena Atkinson)
- Private safari vehicles throughout trip
- All safari activities and transfers to/from the airports and the hotels
- Breakfast at hotel in New Delhi