BIG CATS, KENYA – GROUP 2
13 – 24 March 2023 (11 NIGHTS )
In March 2023, Grant will be leading a small group photo-safari to two of Kenya’s most predator-rich wildlife conservancies, Olare Motorogi and Naboisho. Being in the conservancies allows maximum photographic freedom for going off road.
Big cats like cheetah, leopard and lion, along with carnivores like spotted hyaena and black-backed jackal make for compelling subjects and viewing. Plains game is abundant in the form of herds of zebra, topi, wildebeest, impala and gazelle.
Elephants and giraffe can also be seen.
We will be staying in classic safari camps, and for the most part of the safari, we will be game driving in conservancy land, where we are permitted to drive off-road in order to get the best photographic angles of our subjects. There is also generally a 5 vehicle limit at sightings in both these conservancies. Within the conservancies, no park time restrictions apply. We include an extra day in Nairobi at the end of the trip for covid testing procedures. Optional activities can be arranged.
- Maximum participants is 3 (but the trip will run with 1 leader and a minimum of 2 participants)
- Each participant has their own row in the vehicle
- Off-road driving is allowed for better photographic positioning
- The vehicles are Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 vehicles, with three rows of seats
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment: 30-35kg (66 to 77lbs) per person
- We can also access the Mara Game Reserve if we choose to, at an extra cost
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Accommodation at Tamarind Tree Hotel in Nairobi trip beginning
- Accommodation at Tamarind Tree Hotel in Nairobi trip end (to allow for COVID testing if still required)
- Accommodation at Kicheche Bush camp
- Accomodation at Kicheche Valley camp
- All meals and local drinks included.
- Conservation Levy and park fees included.
- Return flight from Wilson Airport in Nairobi to the Conservancy
- Cost: US$ 14 910.00 per person sharing
- Single supplement of US$1,450.00 maximum 2 single spots available