8 -17 October 2022 (9 NIGHTS)
In October 2022, Grant or Helena Atkinson (one or both) will lead a private group of photographers on a photosafari in Malamala private game reserve. Malamala is reknowned for its great game viewing, and forms part of the Greater Kruger Park, in South Africa. On this photosafari we expect to see some of the most charismatic African animals like leopard, lion, rhino, elephant and buffalo. Black-backed jackal, spotted hyaena and many other species also occur here. Malamala is a private game reserve, and limited off-road driving is possible which enhances photographic opportunities. The terrain around Malamala is a rich and diverse mix of woodland, patches of grassland, some rocky outcrops, and riverine forest fringing the Sand River. Our safari takes place at the end of the dry season when high densities of wildlife visit the river every day.
We will base ourselves out of Rattrays camp where the rooms are spacious and exceptionally comfortable, with lots of electrical charging points and air-conditioning. Outside of game drive activities, there will be the option of editing/critiquing images and technique with Grant or Helena.
This photo safari is booked for a maximum group size of three people along with one photographic leader. Depending upon how many people sign up, we may add a second departure.
- Maximum participants is 3 (but the trip will run with 1 leader and a minimum of 2 participants)
- Each participant has their own row in the vehicle
- Off-road driving is allowed for better photographic positioning
- The vehicles are Landrover or Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 vehicles, with three rows of seats
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment on the flights in and out
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Accommodation at Rattray’s Camp, MalaMala
- All meals and local drinks included.
- Conservation Levy included.
- Return flight from OR Tambo Airport to MalaMala Airstrip
- Cost: ZAR 293 800 per person sharing
- Single supplement of ZAR 99 650, maximum 2 single spots available