MASHATU PHOTOGRAPHIC SAFARI
13 – 20 August 2022 (7 NIGHTS)
In August 2022, Grant or Helena Atkinson (one or both) will lead a private group of photographers to Mashatu in eastern Botswana. Mashatu is part of the greater Tuli Game Reserve. This area is well known for having a high density of elephants. Predators that we might encounter here include lion, leopard, cheetah and spotted hyaena as well as black-backed jackal. Mashatu is a private game reserve, and limited off-road driving is possible which enhances photographic opportunities. The terrain at Mashatu is a mix of hills, dry riverbeds, rocky outcrops and some low-lying land besides the rivers, making for diverse photo opportunities.
As well as game drives, we have incorporated four sessions in the renowned Photo-Mashatu ground-level waterhole hide into our itinerary.
We will base ourselves out of Mashatu Main camp where the rooms are spacious and comfortable, with lots of electrical charging points and air-conditioning. Outside of game drive and hide activities, there will be the option of editing/critiquing images and technique with Grant or Helena.
This photo safari is booked for a maximum group size of three people along with one photographic leader. Depending upon how many people sign up, we may add a second departure.
- Maximum participants is 3 (but the trip will run with 1 leader and a minimum of 2 participants)
- Each participant has their own row in the vehicle
- Off-road driving is allowed for better photographic positioning
- The vehicles are Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 vehicles, with three rows of seats
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment
- 4 Hide sessions
- Expert local guides
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Accommodation at Mashatu Lodge
- All meals and local drinks included.
- Conservation Levy included.
- Return flight from Lanseria Airport to Limpopo Valley Airfield
- Cost: US$ 14 030.00 per person sharing
- Single supplement of US$ 2 600.00, maximum 2 single spots available