7-16 March 2020 (9 nights)
In March 2020, Helena and Grant will be leading a small group photo-safari to two of Kenya’s most predator-rich wildlife conservancies, Olare Motorogi and Naboisho. Being in the conservancies allows maximum photographic freedom for going off road. Big cats like lions, and cheetah, and other carnivores like spotted hyaena and black-backed jackal make for compelling subjects and viewing. Plains game is abundant in the form of herds of zebra, topi, wildebeest, impala and gazelle. Elephants and giraffe can also be seen. Leopard are not common but are also sometimes seen.
- Maximum participants is 6 (but the trip will run with 1 leader and a minimum of 2 participants).
- Each participant has their own row in the vehicle.
- Off-road driving is allowed for better photographic positioning.
- The vehicles are Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 vehicles, with three rows of seats. The jeeps are configured slightly differently at the two camps but they are well-set up for photographic use.
- 4 Days of game drives in the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy, bordering the Mara Game Reserve.
- 4 Days of game drives in the private Naboisho Conservancy, bordering the Mara Game Reserve.
- Expert local guides to help us find the animals and share knowledge about the wildlife and areas.
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment. The Nairobi-Mara charter flights will allow for an average of 30-35kg (66 to 77lbs) per person.
- We will also have access to the Mara Game Reserve on a few drives
We will be staying in a classic safari camp, and for the most part of the safari, we will be game driving in conservancy land, where we are permitted to drive off-road in order to get the best photographic angles of our subjects. There is also a 5 vehicle limit at sightings in the conservancy. Within the conservancy, no park time restrictions apply. All images in the gallery are from the 2019 safari to these destinations.
What is included?
- Accommodation at Tamarind Tree Hotel in Nairobi (meals and drinks excluded on first night)
- Accommodation at Kicheche Bush camp and Encounter Mara camp.
- All meals and local drinks included
- Conservation Levy and park fees included
- Return flight from Wilson Airport in Nairobi to the Conservancies.
- Cost: US$14,005.00 per person sharing
- Single supplement of US$1,280.00, maximum 2 single spots available
How do I signup?
If this exciting safari sounds good and you are thinking of joining this trip or have any questions, please get in touch with us.